Monday 2 March 2009

The first Rest & Recovery week

This is the first evening of the first official recovery-week I'm having this season. The Fall's not-so-structured training (did what I wanted when I wanted ;)) turned into something that might resemble preparing-phase, which at some point started to bugger me off enough to force me into finally setting up the yearly training-plan. This has always been the process with me, I do not know why the planning part seems to be so hard every time, but it does. Actually, when I was on it, I made also a plans to my wife and my father, but they asked for them ;)

As I said, the first R & R -week after the first base-period has officially started, and I thought I'd be glad to get some rest. But no. Even if I took an easy swim this morning (and enjoyed every bit of it), my body and head are already asking for more... This is normal, I know, and I've experienced it multiple times before, but every time it surprises me how tough it is to rest. Boy am I going to be glad on saturday with the test-workouts giving me something to fight against :)

Oh yes and another thing. Tomorrow I'll be going to my first personal "mileage-check". When you turn 35 in Finland, you need to see a doctor who'll measure up everything about you. It's paid by the employer and is mandatory to every employee here. Do not get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, I think it's good that we have these checks, but for me it also kind of tells that... ...that I'm getting old... ...no, OLDER.

Well, one more reason to train, to keep up the physical and mental condition :) And its getting me cranky as I'm not suuposed to eat 12 hours before the meeting. And I'm hungry already!!

So, we shall see how the R & R goes. If I train, I'll promise to keep it light. Or at least moderate. Or if it axidentally turns into hard, it will not last long... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment