Sunday 8 March 2009

Sunday evenings random babblings

What a wierd day. Got up at 4 am to go to work for 2 1/2 hours. Yes, sometimes these are the working-hours when your day-job involves big databases and IT in general. Got back home a little after 8 am with the Led Zeppelin -effect (dazed and confused), chased the whole family out for a bite of the fresh air and thought that I myself would get some sleep in. Somewhere in-between the door and the bed I got sidelined by a misplaced... ...well, can't even remember what it was now, and after 2 hours found myself having cleaned the house from top to bottom...

It's funny how getting up in the middle of the night misplaces you from the ordinary world. Even if I got some day-sleep with my daughter after the cleaning-episode, the whole day felt like living partially in a bubble and partially outside my own body. Gladly, it was the rest-day of this week, so I took it quite easy (the cleaning doesn't count as an exercise, does it?).

So, next week is going to be the beginning of base II -period. I've actually started to like very much the morning swims I was forced to start as I would not otherwise have been able to do adequate amount of the swim training. Get up at 5:25 am, do some sun-salutations to get warm and some long back-bends to wake me up for the swim, grab something to eat and go for the swim-session to the local swimming-centre. A bit early, I first thought, but when you get used to it, it's really one of the nicest ways to start a day.

On another note, I noticed today that the spring is really coming. The sun is starting to warm things up during the days, even so that the temperature gets well over 0 centigrades. That has also caused me to pay visits to my dear bike in the shed, and starting to get her ready for her first crispy rides when the roads melt enough. The first ride after the long winter is always special, somehow everything seems so refreshing out there after the months of spinning in front of the TV.

The Saturday's long run I mentioned earlier was quite an experience in more than one way(ok, I talked about test-run, but changed it to a 20 km run because... ...well BECAUSE!!! :D). The first kms were like flying, then I got some really serious stomach-troubles (no idea where that came from), and had to give an odd visit to a gas-station, continued to fly for about 6 or 7 kms and then my legs fell off. Ok, I did feel a bit wierd during the run because of the problems mentioned earlier, and thats why I took the gel waaaay too late, so I had some major power-problems in the final kms. But I did it anyway, and the final average min/km was not so bad (~4:50). The thing that made me proud afterwards was that I continued the run even if I had to visit the gas-station. And that it finally turned out to be a quite good session for endurance.

Ok, that's it, have to go to bed to get some sleep before the mentioned morning swim. See Ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment